Sunday, October 21, 2007

My first book entry

Several years ago there was an article in the New Yorker about a man who read a book a week for a whole year, and I thought to myself, "I bet I could do that." Then I came to my senses and realized that while I read a lot, reading 52 books while raising two kids (this was pre-Campbell, obviously), freelancing, volunteering and keeping up with the house was probably a bit ambitious. So I decided to go for 26 books in a year. I journaled my reading over at my old blog. It was an interesting exercise, both the reading and the journaling. If you're interested, check out the book lists for 2004 and 2005. I was going to cut and paste the journals here, since my old Web site is pretty much defunct, but the entries were just too long.

This past week I was tagged by Barb with questions about books, and it got me thinking about my reading habits. I decided that maybe it was time to start a new reading journal. So now I'll be posting about the books I read here. And if you have any recommendations on good read, I'd love to hear about them.

1 comment:

Suburban Correspondent said...

If you haven't read The Egg and I by Betty MacDonald yet, read it! It is very funny. She is the one who wrote the Mrs. Piggywiggle books for children, by the way.