Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Knitting Rules - Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

Mom gave me the book for my birthday in an attempt to convert me to the dark side of sock knitting. It took a few more months before I went over, but after I knit my first sock, I read the book. I'm glad I didn't read it before, because it would have scared me off. Not that the book isn't funny, because it is. It's just that I don't think I could ever become THAT obsessed with knitting and yarn. I don't have a stash of yarn hidden away for future projects, and I only have one project cast on at a time. Then there's that whole chaper on knitting a swatch. Yikes!

Still, it was a helpful read and, obession aside, it did make me want to knit more. I like that she included basic recipes for hats and socks. I have some baby hats I need to make, and I'll be able to do so using her recipes.

If you want to read more of her stuff, check out her blog at www.yarnharlot.com. It's a riot.

2 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Just wait - the obsession creeps up on you. And that's funny - I never even dreamed I could knit a sock until I came across her "sock recipe" in that book!

MadMad said...

Oh, I'm so glad you wrote this all down, so that you'll have proof, in time, that you ever said you wouldn't become as nutty as you will. Just give it time, just give it time, and you will see yourself in paragraph one soon enough!