Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Lincoln Lawyer

I rarely read fiction, but after wading through several biographies and Mary Roach's books, I decided it was time for some easy reading. I read several reviews of the movie "The Lincoln Lawyer," and they were all complimentary of the book, so I decided to give it a try.

Turns out, I couldn't put it down. I saw some of the plot twists from a mile away, but it still sucked me in. Connelly has a good blend of John Grisham's legal expertise and Elmore Leonard's style. It's a perfect easy, fun read. I've already started a second book in the Mickey Haller series. I can't really stand Matthew McConaghey, so I doubt I'll see the movie, though.

2 comments:

Just Mom said...

Can't stand Matthew?!!! That demands explanation - it's a post in it's own right. I think he is just lovely although at least ten maybe twenty years too young for me.

Cherbear said...

Bought my tickets on moviefone for the lincoln lawyer!! heard it's matthew mcconaughey's best movie yet! http://aol.it/ftvFmZ